Monday, July 4, 2011

Who says you have to "feel" like it?

The unselfish deed I want to recognize today came near the end of the day. One of my married daughters (with a toddler and a newborn) called after supper, feeling feverish and yucky. A teenage sister would be such a help to her tomorrow by coming over to watch kids, fix lunch, and do dishes so Mommy can stay in bed. The teen who usually gets the nod (my 19-year-old) has been working hard for days and starting to feel run down. My 17-year-old is willing, but is just recovering from a cold. My 15-year-old is asked if she'd "like" to do it. The feelings say, "I'd rather not." The choice, however, has nothing to do with feelings. Of course she'll do it. It's that simple. Her love-in-action makes Tynae my "Hero of the Day."

Did anybody's unselfishness strum your heartstrings today? I'd enjoy hearing about it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have you witnessed a heroic deed recently? An unselfish decision put into practice? Encourage us with your brief story.