Friday, July 8, 2011

Clusters of Kindness

I didn't mean to skip a couple days after my last post. Busy days. The deeds of consideration, however, continued. Nothing huge (like watermelons), just lots of tiny, sweet ones (like grapes).

I saw a young man lend a much-needed helping hand in a project without being asked. I heard him sprinkle encouraging words at an opportune time. I saw a tired young lady after a long week's work jump to her feet several times to serve others. I observed the non-stop industrious hands of a calm woman pleasantly working for the benefit of many. I listened to the late night piano music of another young lady after her long work day, who took it upon herself to pour peace into her father's spirit as he drifted off to sleep.

None of these were colossal deeds of heroism. They were all rather small, but very delicious and, bunched together, extremely filling and satisfying. Instead of snarfing them down mindlessly, I slowly savored each one. This morning, the aftertaste still lingers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have you witnessed a heroic deed recently? An unselfish decision put into practice? Encourage us with your brief story.